House Rewire Plymouth
Electrician Plymouth Sparky has a dedicated team ready to carry out your electrical re-wire.
Part P is fully qualified to take on your project.
GOT OLD WIRING. When is it necessary to carry out a rewire?
- If a property has not already been rewired within the last 25-30 years, the chances are it will need upgrading at least in part in order to bring it up to current standards. The wiring may be potentially dangerous and may not be able to cope with the demands of modern living.
- If you plan major remodeling work that constitutes a material alteration as defined by the Building Regulations, it is likely that you will need to rewire part, if not all, of the property, including upgrading the consumer unit (fuse box).
- If you are extending your home or converting an attic or garage, this will constitute new work and therefore all of the new wirings will have to conform to Part P: Electrical Safety, and all existing wiring will have to be improved to ensure that it can carry the additional loads safely, it is earthed to current requirements and that cross bonding is satisfactory.
- Where you are extending or remodeling, the rest of the existing wiring does not have to be upgraded, except where upgrading is required by the energy efficiency requirements of the Building Regulations, i.e. central heating controls.
- We can also supply and install network cat 6 cable as well as TV aerial points.
- Find out more get your free no-obligation quotation phone our office today